· Cardiovascular disease is the number-one health problem worldwide.
· Development of therapeutic approaches depends on suitable small and large animal models that replicate pathogenesis in humans.
· Non-coding RNAs are novel therapeutic targets as master regulators of gene expression by controlling many physiologic and pathologic processes.
· Our primary focus is to develop synthetic antisense oligonucleotide based therapeutics targeting specific non-coding RNAs as a revolutionary pharmacological tool fighting cardiovascular diseases.
· 1. Project Cardior
Preclinical development of a new miRNA inhibitor therapeutics in heart failure
· 2. Non-coding RNA based therapy of heart failure
We aim to develop and test microRNA based therapies in small and large animal models of myocardial infarction and congestive heart failure.
· 2. Antisense oligo pharmacology
Pharmacological characterization of synthetic non-coding RNA inhibitors
· Dr. med. Sandor Batkai, PhD, Group Leader (see CV)
· Ariana Foinquinos, PhD-student
· Markus Herkt, PhD-student