Please send your completed application for the European Master of Science in Midwifery to the following address:
Medizinische Hochschule Hannover
Klinik für Frauenheilkunde und Geburtshilfe
Prof. Dr. Mechthild M. Gross
Your application should include the documents listed in the following checklist:
- A cover letter
- Your curriculum vitae
- An application for registration (you can download it here)
- Documentation of completed professional training as a midwife as delineated in Directive 2005/36/EG of the European Parliament and Council from September 7, 2005, describing the recognition of professional qualifications
- Documentation of at least one year of work experience as a full-time midwife or two years of work experience as a part-time midwife (at least 50%)
- Documentation of a Bachelor of Science in Midwifery or a Bachelor’s degree, or homologous degree, in a course of study closely related to midwifery
- Documentation of a completed course in scientific methods recommended
- Verification of English language competency, for example through the successful completion of the IELTS exam (band score 6.0 or above), is required. Students with a bachelor’s degree from an English speaking university, who wrote a bachelor’s thesis in English, or who can provide documentation of a stay of at least 6 months in an English speaking country are not required to take a language exam
Please refer to the details listed in the Access and Admission Conditions German / Access and Admission Conditions English
Please note that only notarized copies of school/university reports and verifications will be accepted.
If you have any questions, you can e-mail us at hebammenstudiengangmh-hannover.de. You can also reach us by phone at +49 511-532-9619 or fax us at +49 511-532-18521.