To allow for better planning ability and fair scheduling and to achieve an optimal utilization of the sorter capacities the following rules will apply from the beginning of 2018:
(1) The sorter lab staff is responsible for the selection of specific sorters based on the specific requirements of the users as documented on the request form. There is no guarantee on the usage of the sorter which is shown in the calendar at time of booking.
(2) The usage of the FACSAria Fusion sorter should be reserved for sorting experiments with special requirements regarding (a) biological safety (infectious samples, genetic engineered organisms of biosafety level S2) or (b) complexity of the staining (multicolor experiments, special combinations of fluorochromes). The sorter lab staff reserves the right to use other sorters for experiments without those requirements.
(3) The latest version of our request form contains check boxes for the selection of special sorters which can be ticked by the users (or will be completed by the sorter lab). A single selection of the FACSAria Fusion sorter will lead to different cancelation rules (see below).
(4) For the cancelation of sorting reservations the following rules apply:
Bookings that are not canceled on time will be regularly billed to the customer.
- Reservations for up to 4 hrs need to be canceled at least one business day in advance.
- Reservations of more than 4 hrs need to be canceled at least three business days in advance.
Deviating from this the following rules apply for bookings dedicated to the FACSAria Fusion sorter:
- Reservations for up to 2 hrs need to be canceled at least one business day in advance.
- Reservations >2 hrs < 6 hrs need to be canceled at least three business days in advance.
- Reservations of 6 and more hrs need to be canceled at least one week in advance.
We hope that we have found a feasible and fair solution for all our users.