- All applications have to be provided in paper form and in electronical form (CD or email). The number of paper copies depends on the nature of the project (1 or 10, please ask for advice). All applications have to be sent to the Ethics Committee Office.
- Please consider the appropriate deadline for application. Applications that are complete with one paper copy are not subject to the deadline.
- All forms that require a signature (see below) must be submitted with at least one original signature form. If mandatory original signatures are missing, the application will not be considered as complete and will not be handled until an original signed copy was submitted.
- Mandatory signatures are from the project leader, the deputy, and the head of the department, institute or clinic. Students and individuals not employed at Hannover Medical School do not qualify for an application.
Studies not regulated by German Drug or Medical Device Law
Please provide the following documents with your application:
- Application Form (dated 03/18) DOWNLOAD
- Study Synopsis (dated 05/19) DOWNLOAD
- Study Protocol
- Informed Consent Form INFO DOWNLOAD EXAMPLE DOWNLOAD
- In case of application for a biobanking project, please use the following prototype: Mustertext zur Spende, Einlagerung und Nutzung von Biomaterialien sowie zur Erhebung, Verarbeitung und Nutzung von Daten in Biobanken. Beispielvorlage Einwilligungserklärung (DOWNLOAD)
- Letters from other Ethic Committees concerning the same project.
For any uncertainties regarding data protection issues, please ask for advice from the Data Security Officer of Hannover Medical School. Any written information or approval should be included in the ethics submission.
All study related documents should be page numbered and marked with a version number (including short name of document, version number and date of version number). In the case of changes in the documents, the version number should be adapted accordingly.
(last update: 05/19)