We offer a wide variety of consultations, workshops and seminars in the field of "career service" and "career perspectives".
- Consultation hours by the different PhD offices, especially HBRS office (Dr. Kruse). Just drop in, we will be happy to advise you.
- Lecture series "Career perspectives": Alumni students or cooperation partners from industry will give insights into their careers, job descriptions and career opportunities. Usually 2-3 hours on Friday afternoons.
- Workshops/ Soft skill training: we organize a number of workshops troughout the year. These include "Project Management", "Conflict Management", "Intercultural Communication", "Time Management", "Team Work", "Scientific Writing", "Presentation techniques", "Job hunting", "Application and Assessment Center" etc.
- Excursions to industry: we regularly organize excursions to companies. For example, in May 2013 we went to Qiagen GmbH, Hilden.
- Career fair: the first "HBRS Career Day" was organized for February 19th, 2010, the second HBRS Career Day II took place on March 18th, 2011, the next was on February 24th, 2012 and the one in 2013 was on March 8th, in 2014 on March 21st, in 2015 on March 13th, then March 18th, 2016, March 17th, 2017, March 9th, 2018. The next one will be on March 15th, 2019.
MHH offers taining courses and coaching for Postdocs in the "Weiterbildungsakademie"
For research opportunities in Germany, please see www.research-in-germany.de